Casio Midi MG 510 Modelling guitar with hard case, MiJ
Casio Midi MG 510 Modelling guitar with hard case, MiJ This Casio Midi MG 510 guitar is in excellent condition. It has clearly been looked after. The manual and two leads for the Midi come with it. It’s a very rare guitar. Most have been altered. This one hasn’t. So, you’re buying a 1987 Modelling guitar, Made in Japan, with a built in synth. I’ve tested everything apart from the Midi function and it all works. Apart from one very small scratch on the front and some mild discolouration to the 4-bolt neck plate, this guitar is in very good condition. The headstock is immaculate and so are the enclosed tuners (MIJ). Both the Rosewood fingerboard and the frets are also in good condition. The back of the neck is smooth, fast and free from any dings. The neck pocket does not even have any hairline cracks! Only the black scratch plate has some light marks. I have not been able to test the Midi system, so this guitar is being sold as if it doesn’t work. However, on the basis that the rest of the guitar has been very well cared for, I expect you’ll be in for a nice surprise. On the body, there are a few very small marks. As mentioned earlier, there’s a 1cm scratch to the left of the bridge. On the bottom (close to the strap pin) there’s another 1cm mark. Any other marks are very small. The guitars were manufactured for Casio by Fuji Gen Gakki. This was the factory which is responsible for some of the best guitars to ever come out of the east. The following features and specifications are from the Casio Midi MG 510 modelling guitar, 1987 catalog:
- Body: strat shaped alder body
- Neck: maple
- Fingerboard: rosewood with 22 frets
- Pickups: Single coil (PS-581A) X 2, humbucker (PH-641A) X 1
- Tremolo: synchronized tremolo unit
- Guitar controls: volume, tone and 5 position selector switch.
- Preset tone/MIDI controls: Preset tone volume, octave up key, octave
- down key. chromatic key, program keys (1-8), micro switches (1-10).
- MIDI out message: Program change, basic channel (1-16), mode 3 (poly), mode 4 (poly), velocity and pitch bend.
- Electronic tuner: Tuning indicators (sharp or flat), standard pitch (440,441,442,443 Hz)
- Inputs/outputs: guitar out, preset tone out, MIDI out, DC 9V
- Power: 6 AA batteries or AC adapter. Consumption 2W.
- Dimensions: 1000 x 322 x 71 mm
- Weight: 3.9 kg
- Standard accessories: batteries, guitar cord x 2, tremolo arm, wrench x 2.
- Optional accessories: soft case (SC-75G), hard case (HC-51G), RAM card (RA-500), AC adaptor (AD-5).