1967 Vintage Vox Apollo V266 in Wine Red, made in Italy
1967 Vintage Vox Apollo V266 in Wine Red, made in Italy These Vox Apollo’s are rarely available for sale. If they come up, they are usually well in excess of £1,200. Even then, the clever electrics don’t always work. “Why is this one so cheap then?” I’ve put a 9V battery in it and plugged it in. It works! It’s got some clever electronics and most of it seems to work. I say “most of it” as it all appears to work but there’s some sort of copper winding that has come loose. It must make something work but the following do actually work:
- E-Tuner, ON-OFF
- Treble/ Bass Booster, ON-OFF
- Treble/ Bass Control knob (works after a fashion)
- Distortion Switch. ON-OFF (very cool sound)
- Distortion Control knob (yes it works)
- Volume and Tone. They both seem to work too.